I woke up to this news today morning. It’s not shocking because i have been expecting this announcement since he fell ill recently, but “still” i felt sad that the most wonderful voice of Apple’s famous keynotes will be missing in the future.
Apparently Jobs felt that he is not meeting duties of his position as the CEO and hence resigned. COO Tim Cook, the mastermind behind the supply chain revival for Apple, has been made the CEO. He was the interim CEO when Jobs was on medical leave. I have no more to add for now, but the blogosphere has been abuzz with a LOT of posts on Jobs’ resignation and what it means, do give them a read –
Source – NYtimes
Text of Jobs’ resignation letter
GigaOm’s Om Malik’s emotional piece on Jobs
What happens next at apple ? — AllthingsD
Walt Mossberg on Jobs’ resignation — End of an extraordinary era
Who all will run the show at Apple now — Business Insider
Why did Jobs recommend Tim Cook over Jonathan Ive or Scott Forstall ? — Quora
John Gruber on Jobs’ resignation — Daring fireball
Who is Tim Cook ? — The Verge
Jobs to remain closely involved in Apple’s product strategies — Macrumors
A lot of Jobs’ Keynote videos
2... iPad 2...
The iPad 2 was launched today amidst all the rumors and hype that naturally surrounds any Apple product.
Key takeaways from the launch :
- 33% Slimmer iPad with cameras(same as iPod 4) and comes in two monochromatic colors (but u can buy colorful smartcovers).
- iOS 4.3 launched with cool apps like GarageBand and iMovie that capitalize on the big screen real estate and the new hardware.
- Talking of new hardware,iPad 2 has Apple A5 ( dual core with 3x processing and 9x graphics performance over A4 )
- Same prices as earlier iPad
- Has HDMI mirroring support through adapter ( 39 $ )
- 10 hours of battery life just like the original iPad
Overall the iPad 2 is a huge iPod touch 4 with A5.
And the other exciting news, good old Steve Jobs is back and is looking in good condition. Rumors have been squashed then 🙂 Here’s a re-assuring snap from Engadget
More Apple iPad 2 specs here , Launches on March 11 in major markets and 25th in other markets.
If you think i missed any key takeaways, let me know in the comments section below.