One of the primary accessories that involves in protection is, the screen protector.People buying hugely expensive devices almost all the time, tend to immediately buy screen protection, to prevent scratches.With touchscreens, it has become really obvious.Fingerprints, scratches, grease and what not ?
Like every other product, we seek quality and trust here too, right ? So, here comes my suggestion, it’s the ZAGG invisible shield, it is available for a wide range of devices.
After buying the Invisible shield , everybody go through the process of sticking it on the screen. And most, arguably, lose the battle by somehow damaging the screen protector or may not stick it precisely.So, What i am going to do is, show you how it’s done . I am using my iPod touch 4G for this.Video demo after the break.
The productivity suite of Apple , called iWork , is now available on the iPhone and iPod touches that are running iOS 4 and above. This has been available for the iPad since it launched more than one and a half years ago. Probably Apple wanted iWork to be a differentiation factor for the iPad but seems it has not worked out. And to capitalize the huge app buying market, it has released it in iTunes for a hefty 10 $. It includes Keynote for presentations, Pages for word like functionality and the Numbers is an excel clone. Grab a copy and say “iWork on my iPhone” just for fun !
Via Engadget , download links : Keynote, Pages, Numbers
PR after the break
Apple iPod touch 4th generation
Yes, i finally gave into the craving for iOS and got my long-delayed first iOS device, the ipod touch 4th gen. First lets see the key takeaways :
Ordered in ascending interests.
* Retina display ( 960X640 resolution with very high pixel density on a 3.5 inch display ) however it is TFT not IPS like iphone 4 , so viewing angles are bad.
* Apple iOS : Plethora of Apps,games and offers best browsing and in-app experiences. Does a little bit of saved state multi-tasking as well.
* Hardware : 1 Ghz Apple A4 SoC with 256 MB ram ( yes, not 512 like ip4 ) and Power VR SGX 535
* Looks : Very slim ( just 7.2 mm ) but very prone to finger prints on both front and the back. Stainless steel back is very much prone to scratches. Build quality is excellent but handling it can be really scary.So buying protection accessories like scratch guard and back cover is a must 😉
* Other good features include 720p recording and stills using back facing cam, front facing cam for facetime, Gyro for gaming.
So why i bought the ipod touch along with the N8 ? well ,that deserves a separate article , right ?
Read on for some photos and an unboxing video shot on my Nokia N8 using continuous autofocus mode 😉
One clever, or rather magical app called Magic Shutter lets you take long exposure style shots on your iphone.
No, its not actually long exposure shots like your average DSLR, but it uses a combination of both the still camera and the video camera on the iphone and cleverly creates blurry photos that you would normally get it like in long exposure shots. Also you can do great light paintings using this app.Well the only constraint is the resolution of the photos which is limited by 1280×720( due to the use of the video camera ). But definitely thats not gonna stop you from getting this app, does it ?
Download on the App store ( Costs $3 ) and updates to this app soon.
Video after the break.
As i had already reported earlier,the iOS 4.2 GM had caused some wifi issues in iPads so it was delayed until today.But somehow Apple has rectified it soon and thus, 4.2 for all qualified iOS devices got launched today.
So, iPad owners get multitasking and app-folders, which has been already there for the iphone 4/3gs owners with iOS 4.
Check out the PR after the break.