Finally , Apple have delivered , and how. The iPad 2 is launching in India on the 29th i.e Friday. As i earlier pointed out, those rumors have been proven right now. A slight change in prices though : Base Wifi 16 GB model costs Rs.29,500/– and the wifi+3g model will be available for Rs.36,900.
If you had never read about the iPad2 check here and here .
Prices quoted via FoneArena
2... iPad 2...
The iPad 2 was launched today amidst all the rumors and hype that naturally surrounds any Apple product.
Key takeaways from the launch :
- 33% Slimmer iPad with cameras(same as iPod 4) and comes in two monochromatic colors (but u can buy colorful smartcovers).
- iOS 4.3 launched with cool apps like GarageBand and iMovie that capitalize on the big screen real estate and the new hardware.
- Talking of new hardware,iPad 2 has Apple A5 ( dual core with 3x processing and 9x graphics performance over A4 )
- Same prices as earlier iPad
- Has HDMI mirroring support through adapter ( 39 $ )
- 10 hours of battery life just like the original iPad
Overall the iPad 2 is a huge iPod touch 4 with A5.
And the other exciting news, good old Steve Jobs is back and is looking in good condition. Rumors have been squashed then 🙂 Here’s a re-assuring snap from Engadget
More Apple iPad 2 specs here , Launches on March 11 in major markets and 25th in other markets.
If you think i missed any key takeaways, let me know in the comments section below.