Yes, i finally gave into the craving for iOS and got my long-delayed first iOS device, the ipod touch 4th gen. First lets see the key takeaways :
Ordered in ascending interests.
* Retina display ( 960X640 resolution with very high pixel density on a 3.5 inch display ) however it is TFT not IPS like iphone 4 , so viewing angles are bad.
* Apple iOS : Plethora of Apps,games and offers best browsing and in-app experiences. Does a little bit of saved state multi-tasking as well.
* Hardware : 1 Ghz Apple A4 SoC with 256 MB ram ( yes, not 512 like ip4 ) and Power VR SGX 535
* Looks : Very slim ( just 7.2 mm ) but very prone to finger prints on both front and the back. Stainless steel back is very much prone to scratches. Build quality is excellent but handling it can be really scary.So buying protection accessories like scratch guard and back cover is a must 😉
* Other good features include 720p recording and stills using back facing cam, front facing cam for facetime, Gyro for gaming.
So why i bought the ipod touch along with the N8 ? well ,that deserves a separate article , right ?
Read on for some photos and an unboxing video shot on my Nokia N8 using continuous autofocus mode 😉