After getting added to the list of OEMs in the Windows phone ecosystem, Acer has now shown off , what might be it’s first windows phone. It’s called W4 and it was spotted at Computex , have a look :
Specs are believed to be (Thanks WPcentral):
- 3.6-inch WVGA Capacitive screen,
- Screen Resolution: 480×800
- 5mp Camera with auto-focus.
- HSPA 850/1900 or 900/2100 /GSM quad band 850/900/ 1800/ 1900 MHz Support.
- Qualcomm MSM 8255 running at 1GHz (same processor as in the Xperia Play)
- Wifi, Bluetooth 2.1
- DLNA Support
- Windows Phone Mango
- 8GB Storage
Looks lame, but probably this might not be a high end phone . what if this is a mid range phone that competes with the likes of Wildfire and the Galaxy mid-range series ? Pretty good i would say ! And Windows phone Mango is pretty neat. So, let’s wait till November launch and THEN judge .
In an attempt to quell rumors of the next generation iPhone launching on WWDC’11, Apple has officially let loose some info about the worldwide developers conference that is about to happen soon. It’s the next generation of software and some cloud services. Bloggers have already coughed up names for these as “iOS 5” and “iCloud” . so , i am allowed to use them as the names , right ?
Basically, Apple has intended to release/showcase the next generation iOS and the new cloud services. No details on what they are and how they are going to work. Also, the WWDC’11 starting day may see the OS X Lion finally shipping to retail.And guess what ? El Jobso will be there to preside over the event and make fanboys go crazy, hell i am already crazy here, to see what my iPod is going to get soon. Better notifications and Mac OS like dashboard are on my wishlist, what are your wishes ?
PR after the break
2... iPad 2...
The iPad 2 was launched today amidst all the rumors and hype that naturally surrounds any Apple product.
Key takeaways from the launch :
- 33% Slimmer iPad with cameras(same as iPod 4) and comes in two monochromatic colors (but u can buy colorful smartcovers).
- iOS 4.3 launched with cool apps like GarageBand and iMovie that capitalize on the big screen real estate and the new hardware.
- Talking of new hardware,iPad 2 has Apple A5 ( dual core with 3x processing and 9x graphics performance over A4 )
- Same prices as earlier iPad
- Has HDMI mirroring support through adapter ( 39 $ )
- 10 hours of battery life just like the original iPad
Overall the iPad 2 is a huge iPod touch 4 with A5.
And the other exciting news, good old Steve Jobs is back and is looking in good condition. Rumors have been squashed then 🙂 Here’s a re-assuring snap from Engadget
More Apple iPad 2 specs here , Launches on March 11 in major markets and 25th in other markets.
If you think i missed any key takeaways, let me know in the comments section below.
Leaks, as we know are extremely speculative and stir up the blogosphere like crazy, and in times(trade shows,MWC,CES) like these it grows manifolds. So, i am starting this new feature on my blog to showcase numerous leaks in a nutshell so that you don’t miss all the fun.
This week, the consumer electronic show is happening in Las vegas, U.S.A!! and my favorite gadget blog Engadget is the official blog of CES.So you can guess how overloaded my brain is gonna be. ok now let’s get to the leaks.
Read on to find out what we have in store for this week
While bragging about the new macbook air, our one and only super-ceo steve jobs let it slip that there is going to be a Mac App store coming soon. Now they have confirmed its launch date.
They have revealed the date of App store launch as 6th January 2011. It will work same as the iOS app store and devs will get the same 70 percent of the app price ( provided the app is a paid one ). For now, the Mac App store works only on Snow leopard( dont worry leopard users,some workaround will come up ) and Apple plans to unleash the store in 90 countries at launch.
It will have categories like “Education, Games, Graphics & Design, Lifestyle, Productivity and Utilities” Pretty much everything’s covered here i guess.So what are you waiting for, port or make your mac App and submit it now.
Head on after the break for Press Release
As promised, Nokia has now reaffirmed us through an international mobile internet conference in Beijing, that Symbian will evolve and get more user friendly.We have seen earlier how Nokia said Symbian updates would be made available to all the devices ( Symbian^3 and upward ). Have a look at the slide they presented :
They have promised :
- 50 new features in an update during January 2011(Includes new HTML 5 browser, split qwerty keyboard,reworked homescreen mechanics)
- Dual core(1 Ghz) phones with extra Graphics memory( wondering what that extra’s gonna be )
- True Zoom cameras ( optical zoom like N93 or the lossless digital zoom like on the N8 ? hmmm,a point to ponder )
- Easier software updates ( will it include ovi app updates too ? ) and an updatable Browser.
- Overall new Zippier UI based on Qt which might be unified with the likes of Meego ( *crosses fingers* )
And in lesser news, like i already reported, E7 is now officially being postponed to early 2011. Seriously Nokia ? Hasn’t the N8 taught you a lesson or two about announcement and shipping delays ?
Anyway,lets hope they have delayed it for the greater good.
Via Engadget, Mynokiablog