Had this been released before the Nokia 500, Symbian 3 users would have cried blood. Lo – behold the gold plated S40 device : Nokia c3-01 gold edition
Not too long ago, I had ranted about the same ,on a news mentioning 1GHz Nokia devices arriving to the S40 portfolio in the form of C3-01.5. And i had asked you to take the specs list with a pinch of salt, you should have had a tub of it really, nothing’s true except the processor speed 1 GHz.
Specs of the C3-01 Gold edition are :
- 2.4 inch QVGA display with a resistive touchscreen
- Body is 18 carat gold plated with a ceramic feel keypad ( luxurious materials are used )
- 3.5G HSDPA connectivity with a quadband radio and usual features like Bluetooth/Wifi are available, oh and USB otg is there too
- Charging through micro USB as well as std. charger
- Micro SD card slot for memory expansion upto 32GB
It has started shipping to the eastern european nations and the middle east, where it will be available for 225 euros ( Pretty cheap for a gold plated device ! ). Perfect demographic target i would say, because the sheikhs love to pimp up their phones with gold or whatever they find pricey. They should be really happy that Nokia is launching there first. It will slowly start creeping to other markets if need arises.
Source Nokia Conversations