Those beta guys are at it again. They have released an uber cool beta app called “Sleeping screen” which replaces the amoled Big clock screensaver. This now brings more colors and animations to the once static screensaver.
Take a look at this video :
Pretty neat right ? It uses , i think 64k colours to render those images, also Gravity tweets work great 🙂 you would need either Qt 4.6.4 or Qt 4.7.2 for this to work. Hit the source link for download !
Nokia says :
Nokia Sleeping Screen makes your phone stand out from the crowd by painting beautifully crafted images on the sleeping screen.
It is not only about aesthetics – Nokia Sleeping Screen is highly useful, too. With just a glimpse you’ll be able to see missed calls, unread text messages, and reminders presented with clear icons and animations.
Nokia Sleeping Screen gives you an enjoyable view to sleeping phone while it maintains the battery operating time of your phone.
Available for Symbian^3 phones, such as C6-01, C7-00, N8-00, and E7-00. Nokia Sleeping Screen has been verified on latest S^3 SW versions and is known to work with the latest Qt versions 4.6.4 and 4.7.2.
Nokia Sleeping Screen is a product of Nokia Research Center.
- Personalization by selecting the appearance of the phone.
- Time & date always visible with a glimpse of the phone.
- Rich visual notifications of missed calls, sms, and calendar events.
- Night clock mode setting to dim the appearance for night period.
- Very clear battery charging indication with animation.
- Low power consumption, descreased even further by turning screen off when phone is covered, for example in a bag or your pocket
- Torch-light feature doesn’t work when Nokia Sleeping Screen is active.
Some image samples you would want to see :
You know SE Xperia play , the PSP phone *hell yeah !*. Gameloft, one of the leading mobile gaming companies has demoed 10 titles on the Xperia Play.
Those titles are :
- Spider-Man: Total Mayhem
- Uno HD
- Assassin’s Creed: Altair’s Chronicles
- Real Football 2011
- Star Battalion
- Splinter Cell: Conviction
- Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus
- Let’s Golf! 2
- Brother’s In Arms 2: Global Front
- Asphalt 6: Adrenaline
Have a look at how it plays out in the brand new PSP phone ! Again *hell yeah* !
Via Android Central
Just got an E7 ? These support videos from Nokia will guide you through simple stuff you may not know or had ignored.
Have a look :
Hit read more for other videos .
The multi platform productivity app called Quickoffice has now been ported and adapted to the Motorola Xoom which runs Android 3.0, honeycomb.They call this version , Quickoffice PRO HD. Quickoffice has been the choice of mobile users for a long time , it nearly is synonymous with mobile productivity, first made popular on the Symbian platform, then got it’s footprint on every other platform and it’s now on the tablet scene, first in Android Honeycomb.
Following functionalities have been demoed in the video :
- MS powerpoint ( Pretty laggy )
- MS Access
- MS Word and
- PDF reader
Check out the video demo :
Google has just announced that the Chrome 11 beta is live in it’s dev channel.Get it here now for Windows !! It’s available for Mac and linux too, respective builds : Mac, Linux . The version number is 11.0.696.16.
Most notable improvements are Voice search ( Wow speech to text capabilities like Android ) ,GPU accelerated 3-D CSS and HTML 5 . What are you waiting for ? Give it a go ! I definitely have tried it out, i find no difference, its as fast as before, do let me know your experience in comments . Also in other news, Mozilla Firefox 4 was launched yesterday and it has touched 5 million downloads in the first 24 hours, but has definitely failed to surpass or even equal Firefox 3’s impressive 8.4 million. Also, Microsoft has a cake for the mozilla team :
After launching at the MWC this february , the HTC incredible S has started it’s worldwide roll-out and it has been officially launched in India today ( 22/03/2011 )
A quick look at the specs :
- 4 inch Super LCD capacitive multitouch display with 800X480 resoultion
- 8 megapixel camera with dual LED flash and Camcorder is capable of 720 p video recording ( Touch to focus, continuous focus available in Video )
- 1 GHZ snapdragon MSM8255 with Adreno 205 powered graphics, 768 MB of RAM and 1 GB of internal storage
- 3G, WiFi, Bluetooth , GPS ( a standard these days )
- 1450 mAH battery ( a slight improvement )
- All the usual sensors like proximity, accelerometer, Gyro,magnetometer and ambient light sensor
- Runs Android 2.2 Froyo, will be upgraded to GingerBread
Read on for the press release. Wait , you need the price ? Its available for a good Rs. 28,900/-
The first touch and type phone from Nokia , the X3-02 has been the main phone for me ,the past few days and i am mighty impressed !
This phone comes in the X series range of Nokia devices which are traditionally known as the XpressMusic devices, that always come with stellar music capabilities. X3-02 is a huge nod to that legacy. Mainly aimed at youngsters looking for a premium-looking music device with a wide range of connectivity options, X3-02 delivers and delivers strongly.
My first impressions :
Great build quality, very sleek and light , excellent music capabilities (for ex : loudspeaker is loud,crisp and clear, headphones perform great) very decent camera ( i mean it in a positive way, of course ). Software (S40 6th edition) is decent, but really needs multitasking capabilities and good social networking clients. Ovi store was good to use but apps were scarce. Keypad needs getting used to, due to the weird layout.That’s it for my impressions, read on for the unboxing video and some really close up snaps of the device.