Nokia,today launched two new entrants into the low-end feature phone market. Following the weird naming scheme, they named it C2-01 and X2-01.Both are S40 feature phones and they majorly appeal to the non-smartphone buyer who is budget conscious.These kind of phones usually sell well in developing nations like India/Indonesia/Phillipines.
Read on for videos and features.
Nokia C2-01 :
First the Video :
The c2-01 is a candybar phone with features like :
- 3G radio for high speed browsing and data on the go.
- 2 inch screen at qvga resolution
- 3.2 megapixel camera
- FM radio,Bluetooth for connectivity, memory card slot for additional storage
- weighs just 89g and costs 70 euros.
Do not confuse this with c2, the dual sim phone.. This is Single SIM only.
Now, the X2-01
This one, again weirdly named, is a X-series clone of the C3 sans the Wifi.
This one is aimed at people who love messaging and social networking , so features that are an eye catcher for them are :
- 2.4 inch QVGA display
- A full QWERTY keyboard for fast and effective messaging
- Social client with homescreen updates
- A VGA camera on the back (why ?!! )
- Weighs 107g and costs 80 euros
Well i am just astonished by the price of X2-01 being higher than the full featured C2-01. Well, i think they want to cash in on the Messaging QWERTY crazy crowd, and VGA camera ? i thought they were things of the past.