The Samsung Galaxy tab, touted to be the ipad-killer, has been launched in India, which Samsung India says is one of the first three countries in the world to get the tablet.
Lets quickly look at the Specs :
- Android 2.2 running TouchWiz 3.0
- 7-inch TFT LCD with 1024 x 600 resolution (WSVGA)
- Weighs 380 grams
- 1GHz Cortex A8 processor
- 16GB or 32GB internal storage
- microSD expansion for up to 32GB additional storage
- Front-facing 1.3 megapixel camera and rear 3 megapixel camera with flash
- 4,000mAh battery
- 3G data / voice (there’s a speakerphone and Bluetooth for phone calls, but no earpiece)
- 5GHz dual-band 802.11n WiFi
- Standard back color is white, carriers might offer different colors
- Full HD video playback
- There’s a 30-pin dock connector on the bottom that allows for HDMI, USB, and dockingaccessories (a car dock at least is planned)
Well, the clear stand-outs are 7″ inch display and Full HD video playback(1080P) , apart from that its just a blown up Galaxy S.
According to Engadget, the Andoid Froyo in the Galaxy tab is not yet ready for tablet consumption and they say it looks like a 7″ android phone, they say.Click here for their detailed preview.
Coming to the Indian launch, seems Samsung did not reveal the price , but the clever folks at fonearena and zomgitscj have found that to be Rs.38,000. This is for the 3g version, a WiFi only version is coming soon.Comparing with the Apple ipad ,now selling in the grey market for 32,000 (the 3G version) , the galaxy tab is pretty costly. But, warranty can be a big issue with a grey market ipad. So, its kind of hard to decide , but for the Indian market, i can easily say that galaxy tab will not sell that much.
So, people.. tell me, do you see this as a luxury device or a mass-market device ?